Thursday, April 30, 2009

Funny the Way it Is


coming up on completion of my second semester of graduate school and doing quite well with it all is just another reminder of how funny things in life can be. My life has been full of ups and downs, changes and insanity, quitting and surviving, working and slacking, being kind and being unkind, loving and hating, fighting and finding peace, so many of these experiences when I think of them brings and overwhelming smile to my insides that forces its way onto my face with a smile and sometimes the good ol' choke up of tears. Most of the good stuff is so simple and it sweeps me away to a place I don't know but try to embrace. Today for instance I sat on the porch watching the birds at our bird feeder as the sun set over the fields enjoying the fresh cool summer air after a hot day while reading a book. This is something I never imagined myself doing or would even admit to someone even a couple years ago. My life is filled with drastic change. Today people depend on me, trust me and I feel the same way towards them.
The past few weeks have been crazy with some fun and alot of work. Anytime I needed a reminder I looked up at the stars or the hot sun as to how this is all so insignificant, how we could be all gone at any moment, and what I want to do with my days. I realized I am happy to be where I am with what I am doing for the first time in my life. My life is filled with love from many different areas and I give it away as much as I can to others. I never had visions of what happiness would be and this is it. Maybe its the time of year with the flowers, the rain, the ocean, rivers and mountains. Nature, stuff that was here before me and here after me and all I used to do was smoke it and drink it and now I enjoy it, Just is really Funny the way some things never change and some things do and no matter what time keeps passing and there is nothing we can do about it except try to do our best and love.

2 comments:

Keith Roberts said...

I agree with the comment about drastic change. I am nowhere near what i want to do with my life as far as carrers go but im actually happy. Just livin with someone and spending time just together. Sometimes we spend time doing nothing at all. It definetley is funny the way it is. Who'd a thought that we would be...happy.

yes indeed

i love this damn song by the way. Its like a different version almost of #27

Anonymous said...

Matt- Your blogs always make me smile and alway impress and amaze me. Your insight, your appreciation for the life you've learned to love, your compassion and ability to express yourself never fail to bring a smile to my face and a feeling of pride for the young kid who attended POP. You've come such a long way - more than most of us dream of coming. I'm so glad you have the ability to recognize that and appreciate it. To say I'm happy for you would be an understatement. Keep growing, keep sharing. Everyone who knows you, everyone who reads your blog has something to gain from it. You inspire!