Monday, September 28, 2009

busy

Its amazing how being busy can be an excuse for so many things and nothing all at the same time. Being in school and working has its stresses and I am someone who always excells in having fun as well, putting all this together can be tiresome and draining but there are a few things that I think I have figured out. The first of which is a mantra of some of my classmates and makes a great deal of sense when you are buried in paperwork like I am on a daily basis, work smarter not necessarily harder. I come from a family of hardworkers and worked forty to fifty hours a week all through junior high and high school which maybe added to why I dropped out, but thats another story, point being, I can work very hard, but that isn't always enough. Sometimes it helps to work smart to see the end before you get there and take a smarter approach of how to get there. Obviously this does not apply to everything but paperwork, most definitely. Second is to love what you do. I hate waiting tables at this point of my life so much so that I dread going, don't know exactly why...just do. I love counseling people. I love working with them through their problems, I love a challenge I love to struggle, I love being a part of that process...helping someone else. I would work that job plenty hours of overtime and be completely happy, I look foward to going there. I think that this makes a huge difference...in todays economy you cannot always do what you love but then that may be in the perspective you take. Third of course is so leave work at work and have fun. We can all get wrapped up in the day to day leaving things undone feeling as if the pile gets bigger, but if you never do anything to lighten that load to take a moment and enjoy this life, the only life you may be given then really whats the point. Kiss your wife, do something you love, enjoy nature, enjoy family nothing in this life is permanent it changes all the time. Busy is a sorry excuse and excuses are like assholes...everybody's got one....don't make excuses and don't live in regret, life is too short...all for now

No comments: