Friday, August 6, 2010

Bachelor Party 7/30-8/1 San Diego


Most people on the bachelor parties do some crazy things that usually involve alot of drunkeness, women, and stupid shit. I spent about half of my life doing exactly that and now as this is not a part of my life anymore, I have got to find something different to do and I am lucky to have 2 great friends who came up with an idea to do something crazy as hell but not involving chemicals. They flew me out to SoCal to see where my buddy Johnny lives as well as celebrate the last couple weeks of "single" life. Being that I do not get to spend much time with these guys as I would like it was crazy, fun and very very short. Crazy being a weekend in SD, a weekend! Wake up in NC 100 degrees end up in SoCal some 6 hours later in the morning and there is no humidity...crazy!!


We spent the first day riding bikes around the beach and some great park areas around the bay, not everyday you see the Pacific ocean and palm trees with the flowers and everything SoCal. My buddy lives in Melrose Place which is just awesome. Went to see the 1st place Padres at their amazing ballpark that evening and explored the Gaslamp district after that. Best seats that I ever had at a MLB game. The next day we ate a great breakfast at a place called the "broken yolk" I believe, the meal was huge and we spent the next few hours in a canyon full of rattlesnakes and in the beautiful and dirty rich La Jolla, California. There is so much to do out there and not a moment that you will be bored with the views. That afternoon we met with Johnny's new lady, hiked all over Torrey Pines(wow!), and went out to Coranado beach for dinner and a cigar overlooking the city. Overall had an amazing time. I am lucky to have two friends that would go all out like that for me to have a good time. Even though we all are far apart and are growing apart, those will always be two relationships that I feel honored to have. 2 weeks and I marry the girl that I have been making out with for over 5 years, couldnt imagine that life can be any better than this....

















No comments: