Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spring is Here!!!


The time of year has come again to make my friends back in NY very jealous of the weather as in NY there is still snow on the ground and acculmulation falling on a regular basis while down here the trees are blooming, the sun is out, the windows have been open and there is the feeling of summer right around the corner.  This used to be one of my least favorite times of year as March just never seemed to end but since being in the South, I love this time of year because it is nice out but there is not alot of humidity yet.  Also, baseball is just around the corner with Opening Day in the Bronx only 23 days away.  There is hope all around, nature can be very motivating.  Right around now is also the time that the summer plans start getting made as more and more bands release their touring schedules, baseball tickets go on sale and you start to figure out what you can and cannot do this summer.  After last summer, which was one of the best I ever had, I am looking foward to this summer for different reasons.  I don't have to worry about Weddings and new jobs and graduating school.  I am about a year into a job I love and a year away from school.  We will also celebrate a real fast year of marriage this summer and will try to see family as well.  As of now there are a few big trips planned, a few good shows with real good friends, and we are considering getting a dog.  I am looking foward to this summer and enjoying this time of year because the anticipation is exciting and I can see it right around the corner.  If you are still staring at snow do as Tom Petty said and Drive South! 

2 comments:

desiree said...

Actually John hiatt is the one who says to drive south :-) I'm looking forward to another amazing summer w u!! I love you!!

Proudest Junkie said...

I knew it was someone with a southern drawl!!!