Thursday, April 28, 2011

New York Yankees Vs. Baltimore Orioles 4/23/11

Since 2007 we have routinely met my family in Baltimore as it is a good meeting point between upstate NY and NC.  We usually schedule this trip around when the Yankees are in town and as I have written in other blogs, Camden Yards is quickly becomming Yankee Stadium South.  As this is the baseball season after we got married, we decided to invite my wife's family as well.  As my wife has just completed her Masters it was good reason to celebrate and have some fun.  We spent time walking around the inner harbor, eating some great meals--Miss Shirley's--and of course the game.  We had great seats to begin with but then my father in-law knew someone who must have been real important with the Baltimore Orioles because we were the front 2 rows dead center behind homeplate-we were on YES and the Orioles channel looking like kids at Wonka's factory.  We could hear the players talking to each other, hear the umps' arguements, and most importantly watched one of the biggest slugfests I have ever seen.  Russell Martin hit 2 bombs, Jorge had one, Arod had a Grand Slam, and even Brett Gardner hit a bomb.  The coolest thing was seeing how much the ball moves when CC pitches-incredible, truely a night I will never forget.  I mean we had better seats than Arod's ex wife and kids!!!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Sounds like a great experience and a fun way to celebrate an important accomplishment.