Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Obama and His Job

I was very happy in 2008 when a smart man with many values that I relate to was going to step into office and try and do some of the things that I wanted to see this country push for.  What I didnt expect was that he would win, it was a truely amazing day to learn that America actually voted beyond race, which was something that I didnt think I would see and am in some ways surprised with the amount of racism that has come towards this President since then, that he was actually voted in.  Bottom line for me is that in 2 and a half years, this President has done more to repair and push our country foward than I can remember in my lifetime.  I dont like everything he has done as he has been the most Republican Democrat I have ever seen but he hasnt bullshitted people.  He has done many of the things he set out to do despite facing what could have been, if not for him, the most devestating economic meltdown in the history of the US.  The bank bailout was more a Bush deregulation policy bailout than anything else and when the Republicans said forget the car companies and Obama bailed them out as well, he may have saved the country.  His birth has been challenged, his religion has been challenged, he has been disrespected in congress, and he keeps pushing foward never stooping to that level of garbage that just distracts the points and facts.  The banks have repaid America--great job on Obama to see that through.  In my time nothing has been more important than the war on terror and he called the shot that put a crushing blow in that war, a true ballsy call that the President before didnt make because he was unprepared and in another country more heavy than the one he should have been in.  Obama said in his campaign he would do it, and he did it, despite all the BS around him.  No President has ever had so many challenges but yet gotten so much done.  I can only imagine the things he would have done if Bush wasnt before him and this country wasnt as racist and hypocritical as it has proven itself to be.  Nothing says Christianity more than Fuck the Poor!!!  He never went into those traps and kept his cool through the biggest decisions he has had to make.  Still though 40% of America doesnt like him, despite him protecting all of this.  I sit back and watch and listen and he is one of the few smart people out there doing something and he is more bipartisan than anyone I can remember and that is my biggest fault with him.  Every human part of me cares about others and I dont get that from conservative people that hide behind religion and destroy the good name of Jesus.  The health care act was huge and it should be more impressive than what it ended up being after the republicans stripped it down.  How can you not take care of the sick.  My job can be tough, but I have nowhere near the types of worries and decisions that this President has had to make and did make.  He didnt hesitate from day one and I would like to see what he can do with four more years.  It is better than any alternative that includes a lady who doesnt read, doesnt know who Paul Revere was, and didnt know her continents and oceans, and by the way quit her job during a recession.  I get inspired by what Obama does on a daily basis and I would have voted for him again on the simple fact of getting Osama.  Dont be racist, be human

No comments: