Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sunny





I love shit that can make me laugh. I am someone who enjoys some crazy strange ass stuff. I like the weird and strange aspects of life, the stuff that just doesnt make any sense or the stuff that most people get annoyed by. I have mellowed out and become much more of a homebody in my more recent years which is good for me because the stuff I used to get into for amusement was completely dilluted. There are pranks, jokes, sarcasm, shock value, witt, and slapstick types of humor which on any day I can get into. I love stand up comedy and I love funny movies as well as books. Real life has always been much funnier to me which is why shows such as "seinfeld" or my new favorite "it's always sunny in philadelphia" make me laugh much harder than any movie or tv show because they have aspects that I can identify with, even though yes, they are still made up stories most of the time, and played by actors. Recently I am completely addicted to "Sunny". It has been described as Seinfeld on crack and I would completely agree with that assessment. Honestly though these are the type of people I grew up with. They didnt take it to these extremes on a daily basis, but the personality type is dead on. Throw in the drugs and selfishness and you get a picture of my lifestyle at certain points. This show does for me what the Howard Stern radio show did for me when I was a kid. It takes the things that the world is so uptight about and blows them up tenfold to shove it right in your face, me always being very open and not enjoying the typical machine like way that our society imposes that you live, enjoy seeing that stretched for my amusement. In a perfect world I too would love to ride around in a cop car doing whatever I wanted and getting free stuff, it would be fun, nut not realistic in my life anymore. Today the consequences outweigh that type of fun for me. My favorite author Hunter S. Thompson was famous for doing crazy things that made no sense to most people but I love those acts of derrangement. I have read from writings by Johnny Depp that Hunter would go to a public place and just act all types of insane to see what people would do, his gonzo journalism was more about creating the news through doing the things that most people are afraid to do. He would ride around in his convertable with a blow up doll like it was normal. Maybe its the psychology in me but I love watching people be people and some of the best of that is when people have to be themselves in situations that they do not routinely live. Our lives our full of routine and they get fucking boring. Most people arent like me, dont think like me, and dont relate to me. To most people being weird or strange is bad thing but without any freaks there wouldnt be much entertainment in the world. Laughter is what seperates this for me. Life is full of drama and played out reality, we all live our own reality why would I want to see someone elses. I want to laugh, but I cannot be completely crazy like I used to be so I take that crazy in 20 minute doses of "Sunny", its the only thing I have ever seen that brings me to tears in that short of time, everytime. Maybe its not for you but the differences and freaks of life is what I am all about

See a milder episode from season 3 below.....

1 comment:

big D said...

well i love this show for 2 reasons. 1- it is the funniest show i've ever seen and makes me laugh so hard i almost cry!! 2- you have the best laugh in the world, and i get to hear it constantly for at least 20 minutes when we're watching this show! BEST SHOW EVER!! Tho i'm not sure i'd be friends with them, it's so hilarious to watch them be mean to each other!!