Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Best Star Wars


The other night, after of course watching "fanboys", Des and I decided that we really wanted to watch the Star Wars movie again as it has been at least 3 years since any such viewing had occurred. The complicated part was that we dont have any of the movies on DVD and we don't like to buy movies anymore since we have netflix. When the urge hit to watch the movies, netflix had already sent something else so we were shit out of luck. We called up some friends to borrow one of the Star Wars movies on DVD and here is where it got complicated, which one do you pick? Do you pick IV to stay true to sequential order, VI because it comes to a very satisfying conclusion, V because it is so bad ass or do you go with some of the newer chapters like III where Vadar comes of age or do you start with I hoping to make it all the way through at some point? We could only pick one and it was a difficult choice. My favorite of all time has been and will always be V: The Empire Strikes Back, but can you start there? Eventually we plan to see them all again but to get the most enjoyment I would have to pick my favorite right? To just pick one.....we struggled with this question for a long time going back and forth with different reasons to see each of the different movies. Luckily our friends were nice enough to let up borrow the original trilogy and we just started to watch them in that order. But if you had to pick just one, one movie to start, one place to begin, one Star Wars movie to watch and be completely fulfilled of that craving, which would it be?

1 comment:

Keith Roberts said...

For me, its Episode III. To see how he becomes the number villan in movie history makes it into the top 5. However, I too watched Fanboys and had to watch the saga again. And I really got into Empire. When Vader tells Luke that he is his father...I mean you can punch me in the mouth. It gets me every time. Its also one of the best quotes, in movie history. "No, I am your Father!". Cmon. And Vader was bad ass in Episode V. He killed like what, six or seven dudes? All because they disapointed them. Just using the force, pinching their throats and killing them. Bad ass dude! Ya know, I might need to redo my top 5 and switch out Revenge for Empire...maybe. Anyways, hope you and Big D are feelin allright. Yes indeed. I'll give a call to catch up. Take it easy ya'll.