Sunday, October 16, 2011

Occupy Wall-Street


Fortunately I have a job and can live my life doing what I want to do for the most part, this may not always be the case and with the way that politics is moving with the economy, who knows what the economy may be in 5 or 10 years...America doesnt make anything anymore...and the divsion of wealth seems to stretch further and further while eliminating the middle class.  Politics aside, I liked Robin Hood as a kid and will always love the motto of "Stealing from the rich to feed the poor", it is the decent thing to do, people seemed to love it and it gets you maid marion.  I dont see that middle class were I live, its poor on one side and rich on the other..very few in between.  People got rich off of these people that lost their jobs.  I know people with Masters degrees working in fast food and people with good resumes who cannot get jobs.  It is a weird time to be alive.  Unlike the Tea Party who were now obviously employed by Republicans and Wall-Street (even though they were fighting against Wall Street but are no where to be seen on this battle) the occupy Wall Street crowd is taking a stand on who they are holding responsible and I would love to be there right with them.  Why hasnt anyone been arrested for these capital crimes? Why do they still get bonuses of more money than I will see in my life? Why did they get my tax money? Why cant these unemployed people get a bailout and give themselves bonuses too? I know it is not that simple, but something is wrong, something is off, the "machine" stopped working for the people it was supposedly working for.  The hypocrisy and fear is evident now more than I remember in my lifetime as new media wont even cover it? "The revolution will not be televised" is now the truth.  The Tea Party and all its anti-Obama and racism was covered and I wonder why?  Why does America still care more about other nations poverty than our own? Why do we criticize other leaders in other countries when what we do here on some levels isnt very good?  Why are there kids who are born in the United States who cannot eat on a daily basis? i dont know the answers to these questions but I do want more people to ask them and try to seek solutions.  The denial of what freedom really is has become ignorance.  Freedom is not really freedom if it has restraints.  I have to pay and work for my freedom and there are soldiers who die for my freedom but are we free??? Or are the people down there on Wall Street and in other cities in this country who have nothing left to loose..are they the one's that are free? 
I hope they keep protesting and I think that they will.  I have read articles of several Ny restaurants including Katz deli sending thousands of dollars of food orders to these people from other people across the country.  Money is being spent to support these protestors and long-term they are getting organized with websites http://www.occupytogether.org/ and foreign media.  Its amazing that the only decent coverage I have seen has been off of Russian online news.  I wish the Tea Party would back up what they said they stood for and join the fight.  I wish they really werent the racist republican rich people that I thought that they were.  You want to take on overspending, government, regulation, wall-street "fat cats", now is the time.  I wish I could be up there and do some yelling and be part of a community of change, but like I said, I am fortunate enough to have a job that is about change.  So I will watch from afar and maybe order them so Katz.  Time to go all Robin Hood in this bitch!  Here are some great videos about what is really going on down there, cant see it on the news or read about it in papers.



1 comment:

Keith Roberts said...

I think they should be looking for a job. Kinda lazy. I got a decent even w/o a degree. If I can do it, they can do it