Monday, October 3, 2011

Benefits of Magic Mushrooms


Most people when they read that title probably are thinking what?!?! That was my first thought but then I was instantly curious and excited because I always had very good experiences with psilocybin and other than its legality, believed it to be a harmless, natural substance that came from the earth like marijuana or peyote.  Unlike the man made LSD which is much stronger and more intense, psilocybin is very mellow and calming.  I know the benefits that I perceive from that substance, such areas as perception and creativity but as I am a junkie for all types of things in life this is no longer a substance that I would use.  I came across this article here Magic Mushroom Health that talks about how taking mushrooms just once can impact a change in your personality in a positive way.  This finding is pretty wild because usually the standard is that you are who you are and your personality is set by 20's or 30's after that change is difficult and this study demonstrates that one dose can promote a positive change in regards to the person's openess, abstract thought, and feelings.  One dose!  I know quite a few people who could benefit from taking one dose of mushrooms to gain a more positive outlook on life.  The main reason it is being researched is to help people overcome depression and anxiety when dealing with cancer and helping smokers quit smoking!  There are many harmful chemicals out there and the man made chemicals are usually the worst.  Many people could benefit from an opening of thought and creation especially congress and most politicians, news reporters, and extremists in any way such as "Tea Baggers", I think it would be great if someone fed them all a little mushroom stew, what a better place the world can be.  I find it strange to say but psilocybin as it was good for Alice and Mario...it may be good for you too??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yo man i love shrooms lol